May 16, 2008
Time: 11:00 a.m.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office will be hosting two Alcohol Sales Compliance Seminars on Tuesday, May 20th. The seminars are two hours in length, and will be held at the Horizon Hotel and Casino, Stateline NV. The first class begins at 9:00 am; the second at 11:00 am.
The seminars are designed to instruct business owners, managers, supervisors, clerks, bartenders, waitresses, or any other person involved in the legal sales of alcohol on the following:
- Federal, State and County Liquor Laws
- Douglas County Liquor Board Policy
- Establishing a valid company policy for sales of alcohol
- Steps for preventing alcohol sales to underage youths and limiting liability
- Consequences for violating liquor sales laws
- How to check ID’s thoroughly
- Recognizing characteristics of false ID’s
- Questions to ask customers attempting to purchase alcohol
- Dealing with hostile or uncooperative customers
The classes are free to attend. For enrollment, contact Captain David Aymami (775-586-7251) or Sergeant Jim Halsey (775-782-9931).
Information provided at these seminars has limited liability of many businesses and employees by reducing or eliminating illegal sales of alcohol to minors within Douglas County.
The classes come highly recommended by Sheriff Ron Pierini for owners/employees of any business which sells alcohol on or off premises.