Friday, June 29, 2007

School district info

This is from Lake Tahoe Unified School District, June 29, 2007:

Dear Friends,

I hope you are all holding up ok through the crisis. I’m sorry I haven’t been forwarding e-mails but you are all probably inundated with various information from radio TV, newspapers, and email, as we are here. I am thankful that our home survived in Angora Highlands and that I may be able to go home soon, but saddened by the loss suffered by many others, including my youngest son, Emmet and the Freeman family who lost their home.

Sixteen members of our LTUSD family are confirmed to have lost their homes.

South Tahoe Educators Association is raising money to help all school district employees in need. If you are able to make a financial donation, please make checks out to STEA and send to Angora Fire Fund, PO Box 13206, SLT, CA 96151 or contact Mike Patterson (coachpatterson@sbcglobal.net 545-1347).

You won’t be hearing from me much in July as I am still planning to get married next Saturday and taking some time off. The Education Center will be open all summer and if you have a question, you can always drop by or call 541-2850.

Below are some e-mails that I received that may be of help to you. This catastrophe can only make our already tight-knit community stronger. We are deeply indebted to all of the firefighters, police officers, sheriffs, ambulance drivers, Red Cross Workers, emergency personnel, and everyone who responded so well to this fire.

Stay well.
Angie
___________________________
Angie Freeman
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE SUPERINTENDENT
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER

No comments: