Sunday, December 9, 2007

Rethinking a past blog entry

Last night I was threatened with a lawsuit if I didn't delete an item from the blog under November's Tahoe Tidbits. I have spent a number of hours thinking about the venom he spewed at me. I stand by what I wrote because it was factual. But in re-reading what I have since deleted, I realize I was being petty and vindictive. That's not who I want to be or how I want to act.

What I had written doesn't pass the muster of libel for which this person would have to prove. According to the Associated Press, "There is only one complete and unconditional defense to a civil action for libel: that the facts stated are provably true."

Because of what he did I can't recommend people advertise in his in-room guest magazine. That is how all of this started. After two years of advertising in his product, he offered exclusive rights to the person I had been sharing the ad with.

But that's it ... he does do a good job at his nighttime job ... which hopefully, he will keep up.

I have not used the person's name, like I did before, because it just doesn't matter. He knows who he is. That's good enough for me.

Kae

No comments: